Community Resources for Families
- Links for Greener Learning: Click here to download the Growing Diversity Garden Manual
- Project Share: Click here to download the Garden Manual
- Niagara Community Garden Network: Click here to access resources to help you and your family “get growing”
- Grimsby Museum on their Facebook page: Click here for a Virtual Mini Exhibition, 'What's In Your Bedroom?'
- St. Catharines Museum: Click here for Museum Classroom learning experiences.
- Welland Museum: Click here for virtual tours and exhibits.
- The Niagara Regional Police Service has excellent resources for students and parents about online safety. Click here for their page.
Fun and Engaging
- Brock Learning Lab Online Resources: Click here for a list of ideas and resources to use at home with your children.
- National Geographic: Click here for NatGeo@Home to inspire family exploration through quizzes, videos, science experiments and resources.
- Ripley’s Aquarium: Click here to explore Ripley’s Aquarium at home and learn all about the amazing animals of our world waters.
- Royal Ontario Museum: Click here for ROM at Home and engaging activities, virtual gallery tours, collection highlights and live event details.
- Toronto Zoo: Click here for parent/guardian resources and virtual learning about the zoo animals.
- Safari Niagara: Click here to access Zooniversity online.
- Greg Frewin Theatre: Click here for a link to his livestreamed magic show on April 15, 2020.
- Disney: Let Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, or Goofy take over bedtime once in a while. It’s free - call 1.877.7.MICKEY.
- Harry Potter: Click here to watch/listen to Daniel Radcliffe and others read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- LEGO Kids Zone: Click here for the newest LEGO sets, videos, characters and games.
- Mad Science At-Home Activities: Click here for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) themed colouring sheets, at-home experiments and interactive quizzes.
- EarlyOn Child and Family Centres: Click here for online programming for children up to age 6, including live activities.
- Fort Erie Public Library: Click here
- Grimsby Public Library: Click here
- Lincoln Public Library: Click here
- Niagara Falls Public Library: Click here
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library: Click here
- Pelham Public Library: Click here
- Port Colborne Public Library: Click here
- St. Catharines Public Library: Click here
- Thorold Public Library: Click here
- Wainfleet Public Library: Click here
- Welland Public Library: Click here
- West Lincoln Public Library: Click here
- Bethesda Family Support: Click here for upcoming online sessions.
- Learning Disabilities Niagara: Click here for support.
- The Autism Society of Ontario: Niagara Chapter: Click here to connect virtually.
Indigenous Programs and Supports
- Metis Nation of Ontario: Click here for information and online resources. Metis Education Kits are available until June 10.
- Fort Erie Native Friendship Centre: Click here for programs and information.
- Niagara Regional Native Centre: Click here for programs and information.
- De dwa da dehs nye>s Aboriginal Health Centre: This is a new service in St. Catharines, supporting children and youth ages 6-24 in the Niagara Region who self-identify as having Aboriginal Ancestry. Intakes continue to be taken during COVID-19 by calling 877-402-4121 ext 521.
Health and Fitness